Sunday, 21 September 2008

The Morning After the Night Before!


Well, we did it! We started left home at 9.15 pm, drove to Farnham Station, caught a double decker bus to Shalford Park in Guildford, got fed soup, french bread and flapjack (yum, and very non-weight watchers!), hung around for a looooong while, did a warm up, got cold again while they read through the safety rules, and finally went through the start at 12.15am.

We trudged on and on, up and down hills ("gently sloping" my a**e!), through sand, dark, dark woods, over tree roots and through kissing gates, and finally arrived, 10 very very long miles later at the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice just before 4 am.

Here I am this morning, after under 4 hours sleep, with my medal (which I just put on to show you - I'm not wearing it right now lol!).

The sponsorship page is still open, so if you fancy donating just click on the link on the left.

Boring outfit today, as a result of not actually being able to think properly - black t-shirt, "new" levis and cleo crocs (which are majorly comfy, and most important for today, not squashing any of my slightly sore toes today!).

No comments: