Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Blast from the Past!

On Saturday we had a mini-clearout of the loft, looking for some old photos!

We found the photos, and we also found this!

My Gran knitted this for me when I was about 17 or 18, so 20 years ago.

I loved this jumper, I lived in this jumper, but I'm not sure I'll ever wear it again.

I really don't want to through it out though - it's part of my history, it's handmade beautifully (with some lovely personal flaws).

The girls aren't interested in wearing it (Rhian did her patented teenage eyebrow raise when I offered it to her!), so what can I do with it?

Any suggestions?












2 comments:

anna said...

hi i have been following your blog for a while so - well done for your weight loss you have done so well. now for the jumper why dont you turn it in to a cushion for you settee.... cut the arms of( or tuck them in) , buy a cushion and then put it in side the jumper seal up the arm holes and add buttons or poppers at the bottom so you can take it on and off for washing. or if you have a 'friend' who knits get them to make a bag out of it.

Lucie said...

My mum knitted me the same jumper about the same length of time ago!! No idea what happened to mine. Can you put it in one of those vaccum bags and keep it in the loft? Or the cushion idea is a good one.