Wednesday, 18 November 2009

18th November - No Photo!

Sorry, there's no photo today - I was running really late this morning, and I had my Colour Me Beautiful colour analysis straight after work, and forgot to take a picture when I got home!

I was wearing my black dress, turquoise cardi, black belt over the top of the cardi, black tights and shoes, and a purple flower! I shall leave it to your imagination!

Anyway, the colour analysis was interesting.

If you've been reading for a while, you'll remember that in May time I had an offer of a free colour me beautiful colour analysis - I went along, and was declared a "Deep, Warm and Clear" person. The tutor took me aside, and said she felt my highlights (which I'd just had redone) might be confusing the issue, and suggested that I went back to a more natural colour, or at the very least to lose the blonde and work more with the grey.

As you know, back in August I went for all over dark - and I have to say I'm still loving it :-)

The colour analysis today was interesting. The "deep" part of the analysis was obvious, no question. The warm/cool part was harder, and the trainees were struggling to decide whether I was warm or cool, as the colours they were trying on me were very similar. The trainer took over and put a pumpkin orange swatch on me, then a fuchsia pink swatch. That immediately showed that I am in no way "warm" - the orange was shockingly bad!

swo there you have it - Pat Henshaw is a colour genius, and I am naturally a "cool" person, and it was just my unnatural highlights which were causing the problem!

I am very relieved - I thought I was doomed to a life of mustard, camel, pumpkin and salmon pink - but instead I've got pure white, peppermint, periwinkle, fuchsia, raspbery, plum, dark teal and violet :-)

Good times......

No comments: