Sunday, 27 December 2009

26th December - Next Sale!

Late Christmas Day my super sister Lou and I decided to hit the Next sale on Boxing Day. Next is famed for it's sale, but I have resisted the urge to go on the first day before. It started at 7.00 am, and we decided to leave it until 8.30 to go.

We got there just before 9.00, and had to wait 20 minutes outside the shop. When we went in Lou headed straight for the kids clothes, while I perused the ladies section. I couldn't find much I liked, and ended up joining the queue with 4 things. Lou had a whole pile of girls clothes for my niece!

We spent 2 hours in the queue for the tills! During this time we both headed off seperately to continue browsing, and I came home with a jumper for Steve, jeans for Rhian and a whole ton of clothes for Kira! 3 out of the 5 things I bought for myself are going back though - they were impulse buys and just not quite right. The 4th thing is also in question too!

Would I bother going on the first day again? No. It was lovely to spend some uninterrupted time chatting with my sister with no kids about, but the clothes and bargains really weren't worth it. I shall leave the Next sale to my usual tactic of heading in a few days later when they start accepting returns - so many people buy stuff then return it there is always a great selection, and I will pop in regularly for the next 2 weeks, as the bargains get better towards when the pickings reduce! I wandered about wearing my boots, but I have to say they are really comfortable!

Cardi: Jasper Conran @debenhams
Black Top: Dorothy Perkins
Jeans: Next
Boots: Barretts

2 comments:

Sheila said...

This is a great outfit, Tat! I love the green on you.

Tat said...

Cheers Sheila - as it was I left the scarf in the car, and just wore the top into the shop - it was very hot in there!