Thursday, 25 February 2010

Count me in for the Capsule Wardrobe Challenge!

For the 5 weekdays next week I will be attempting to manage my work outfits from 10 items, and five accessories, as I'm planning on taking part in the Spring Capsule Wardrobe Challenge!

The rules are:

Choose ten items of clothing from your wardrobe and mix and match them for five days between Monday March 1st and Friday March 5th.
You can have any combination of shoes, dresses, skirts, tops and jackets as long as it adds up to ten individual items.
You are also allowed five accessories which include jewellery, scarves, bag, belts etc.
Underwear and hosiery do not come under the ten items and five accessories!

My wardrobe is certainly a lot less extensive than a lot of bloggers, and I tend to recycle stuff alot anyway, so I'm hoping it's not going to be too much of a challenge! This time next week I might well be regretting that statement!

I'm planning to add a bit of colour to an otherwise black and white pallet with coloured tights, but I'm a bit concerned that'll be cheating a bit, as tights aren't included in the challenge!

I currently have a list of items scribbled out on the back of a Boden catalogue in my bedroom - tomorrow I may well have a go at laying it all out the bed and sharing!

And why do Boden keep sending me a catalogue? I've never bought anything full price from them, and haven't even purchased any sale items for years!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Awesome, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I know, tights are super for really changing up the look of an outfit - I used them to full advantage in the last challenge. I did 5 different tights (and bare legs) in 6 different outfits (I had to do 2 outfits in one day, one being a funeral!). It's not cheating. :)

I just planned my outfits tonight - I'm so excited!