Friday, 5 March 2010

Spring Capsule Wardrobe Challenge - A Round Up!
























I've seen people doing Jane's challenge over the time I've been reading blogs, but never thought to participate myself. This time I decided to give it a whirl!

I only wore 9 out of my 10 alloted items of clothing - there was a turquoise jumper that just felt scruffy whenever I put it on, so it stayed in the wardrobe! I also only wore 3 of my 5 alloted accessories (4 if you include my earrings, which are little sparkly studs I wear every day). The Next silver and multi-coloured beads didn't get an airing. I also planned on jazzing my outfits up with coloured tights, but never felt I needed to - probably because of my last minute decision to subsitute the plainer black dress for the spots.

I do feel there are many more outfit combinations to come from this capsule, but I'm going to quit while I'm ahead!

I've really enjoyed the challenge, and it's pushed me into wearing things I wouldn't normally wear together. I've made a real effort to try and wear "out of the ordinary" outfits, rather than just pairing the jumper with a skirt, for example. Many people at work have commented how glamorous I've been looking this week!

So thank you for organising this Jane, and I look forward to the next challenge!

4 comments:

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I think you have a fabulous range of outfits. I will be posting next weekend.

Sheila said...

That is so cool - I love how all of your outfits look so different. You have really made an effort to wear colour and pattern!

Kari said...

Beautiful! I love your entire capsule, but the last two looks really blew me away. You look so fantastic in red, and that polka dot dress is awesome.

nurmisur said...

Nice to find your blog. I think you managed tocreate very classic and chic outfits with your capsule wardrobe but the one with the red dress is my favourite one.