Thursday, 29 April 2010

Dying Shoes - Not Yet Sure How Successfully!


I'm only a limited budget for clothes and shoes at the moment, and I've had these hanging around in the bottom of my wardrobe for years, but with nothing brown to wear with them.

So I struck on the idea of dying them!

I bought some Dylon Shoe Dye in black today, and got to it!

The pumps seem to have taken the dye quite well, but I think the sandals will be dying my feet black for evermore!

It was a rather messy job - I started off wiping them with white spirit, then they both had 2 coats of the dye.

Both pairs remain "sticky feeling", but I've not yet given them a coat of polish, as required to on the packet, so hopefully that'll "seal" them!

1 comment:

Lorena said...

I think you did a great job dying these... the look brand new!