Thursday, 10 June 2010

10th June - Summer Black-out 2010 - Day 4

Pink week continues!

Yesterday CarolAnn commented "I think the proportions could be a lot better. You have a long torso to begin with, so the long white tank is making you look like you're all torso."

As always, I appreciate all comments, and I think perhaps the skirt isn't quite the right length, I think I do generally look better in skirts that finish on or just above the knee. But.... I was particularly chuffed to get this comment, as it means my "smoke and mirrors" regarding my extremely *short* torso have worked!

Today I (gasp) *tucked*, just to show you all how shockingly short-waisted I actually am - and this skirt sits lower down on my hips and not even on my natural waist, so in actuality my proportions are even more out than this picture suggests!

Anyway, I think this is probably the last of my pink, so tomorrow I'm either going to have to rework/recycle, or try something different! (I'm tempted to stick with something pink though, maybe, just to complete the week!)

Cardi and Skirt: Sainsburys
Shoes: Tesco
T-shirt: Dorothy Perkins

5 comments:

CarolAnn said...

Haha, that's awesome.

I think you may have deluded yourself into thinking you have a short torso. I think the confusion is coming from this:

Short torso =/= high-waisted.

Seeing some of your older posts, I think your body is really well-proportioned, and that you have a beautiful figure.

It just goes to show what a difference your clothing makes!

That being said, I think you look way better with your shirt tucked in. The idea is to create a perception of being in thirds - top, middle, and bottom, instead of halves. Your skirts seem to have just the right proportions, so I would say to focus attention on them and show their whole shape.

Love,
CarolAnn
http://CharismaU.com

anna said...

I agree- you look great with the top tucked in-
i think you doing the no black rule is great- i live in black

Alecia said...

prefer the top tucked in- you have the right shape for it and a flat tummy to boot- show it off. I do like the length of this skirt on you- but you might try to go just a little shorter to show more shape of your leg- i am a few years older than you and was suprised how lifting the hemline just a tad gave me a lift.

not sure what you mean by short torso- you appear to have a very long one to me or maybe high waist??

Sheila said...

I agree with CarolAnn - you should be tucking more things in, Tat! You have gorgeous long legs and you're stumpifying yourself by leaving your tops out.

AND I think you should not be wearing your skirts past your knee. You're not in granny territory yet, m'dear. ;)

Well done this week! You look amazing!

style underdog said...

hem the skirt, you have nice legs.