Thursday, 5 August 2010

Holiday Update

As promised (I just know you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats in anticipation!) here is my holiday update!

I haven't got a lot of outfit shots, as generally I am the photographer of the family, so I get hundreds of pics of everyone else, and not so many of myself, unless I specifically ask someone to take one for me!

I packed minimally - in fact I took less than everyone else in the family, by a long shot. I took:

5 vest tops (black, white, royal blue, bright pink, green)
3 t-shirts (black, white, turquoise)
2 pairs black shorts
1 pair knee length jeans
1 pair khaki crops
2 dresses
1 white skirt
2 cardigans
2 pairs flip flops
1 pair walking shoes
1 pair sandals
1 pair pink wedges
2 bikinis

I wore everything, except the black t-shirt, and I didn't feel at all limited by my wardrobe - I think the different coloured vests worked well in keeping me out of a "black" rut.

This was what I wore daily - shorts and a vest top - this was actually the first wear of the black vest - so you'll be pleased to hear I didn't do too much black! In the second photo we had just trekked up and round the rim of a volcanoe, and it was very, very windy!

The first photo was taken in the garden of our villa.

















These were my evening outfits - the dresses were £15 beach dresses from M&S which I dressed up with a belt to make them more eveningy - I wore them several times accessorising with my yellow and pink belts variously, and the pink wedges for a change.

















And this was my "sight seeing" outfit!



























And, finally, a gratuitous shot of my girls!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love how minimally you packed! I wish I could do that but when I go on trips, I don't normally have access to a washer/dryer and I can't re-wear items before they're washed. I always pack full and complete outfits, wear each item once and that's it.

Overpacking is a big issue for me! Your minimalist approach is inspiring!

Cat said...

Welcome back! Love your holiday capsule wardrobe - relaxed but chic, and it looks like you had a wonderful time in it, too :)

Sheila said...

What a super capsule wardrobe! I bet it was easy getting dressed. Your holiday looks like it was a lot of fun! So envious!

Tat said...

Melissa - you must take tons! Luckily we had a washing machine, and I could have taken even less and been fine :-)

Thanks Cat and Sheila - the holiday was alot of fun, and extremely relaxing :-)