Wednesday, 29 September 2010

29th September - Whoa! Purple!

This morning's outfit evolved rather than being meticulously planned.

Initially I was going to wear a black long sleeved T under the dress, but this purple one fell of the hanger next to it - so I decided to wear it! I was going to wear black tights, then spotted these very closely colour matched ones in the drawer, so added them into the mix!

Looked in the mirror and the eye was very much drawn to the purple arms and legs, so I added the silver belt (which came attached to a pair of 10 year old jeans! I know I'm slim, but a 10 year old's waist? I'm not that deluded! What size 10 year olds they're catering for I really don't know!) to bring the eye back to the middle of the outfit.

What do you think?

Dress: Asda
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins
Tights: Tesco
Top: M&S

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I love the overall look, but I think either the top or the tights should have been a different colour (like black) - it's a bit too much purple otherwise.

This dress looks killer on you - love the belt! You look tiny!

Tat said...

It's a good point Sheila - and I spent ages in front of the mirror with one long boot and one shoe on trying to make a decision - the boots certainly hid most of the purple!

I've got the same dress in black, which my Mum has taken up 25cm to turn it into my Festive Season LBD - she's concerned it's too short, but I'm throwing caution to the wind!