Thursday, 10 March 2011

9th March - Roaring Forties!

Well, that's it, I have arrived!

Fabulous at Forty (well, that's what one of my cards said anyway, lol!)

I had a fabulous day - lots and lots of wonderful pressies, a lovely relaxing day wandering round the shops by myself, shopping only for myself (other mothers out there will realise what an absolute treat this is!), then out for a family meal with S, the girls and my Mum last night.

The main thing I was shopping for yesterday were shoes for my party on Saturday night. I've got a rather *special* dress for the event, and needed shoes (the dress is so *special* it really doesn't need much accesorising!). I found these in Next - enormous platforms means that the heels aren't actually that high, resulting in them being really relatively comfortable (come back to me on Sunday morning on that one!).

For the meal out I decided to wear my new ebay purchase! I'd seen somebody on TV wear a dress in this fabric several years ago, and loved it - and, inspired by a lovely friend Sharon who sells beautiful handmade items in her misi shop, (and sent me a wonderful iphone cover for my birthday!) I did a quick ebay search - and this dress caught my eye! 24 hours later, and not too expensively, it was mine! (all mine.... evil laugh!)

Dress: Criminal Damage (via ebay)
Shoes: Next
Cardi: Tesco




The inspiring Iphone cover :D














And finally.........

My 40th birthday present from my wonderful husband :D

We bought this during a weekend away at the beginning of February, and aquamarines are (apparently, I didn't know it at the time - I chose it becuase it's very sparkly!) the birthstone for March.

6 comments:

SHOEGAL said...

Fabulous dress, and love the shoes! Sounds like you had an ace day. Enjoy your 40s!

Sheila said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tat! I hope you have a fantastic day, and a lovely time on Saturday! I will hoist a glass in your honour!

Love the dress - the full skirt is a silhouette you don't wear too often, and I like the change. And wow, what a lovely ring!

Cat said...

Happy Birthday!

I *love* tha dres - you look wonderful in it :)

zomermaantje said...

I <3 that dress. Both the fabric and the model are wonderful

Jennifer said...

Love the dress - want one!

Kari said...

love this color on you! You look great!