Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Dressember 2012 - a Roundup!





I've got a great little app on my phone called "framies", which has allowed me to collate all 35 dresses into 2 photos!

They're not all going to be staying in my wardrobe - 2, 14, 23 and 27 will be going on eBay, along with 11 unseen dresses. 6 unseen dresses will be allowed to stay! (Mainly party/summer holiday dresses)

I'm a little on the fence about 4, 8, 16, 18, 28, 30, 34 and 35. They'll stay for the time being, but may not make it through to Dressember 2013!

I was particularly "meh" (to coin my 17 year old's phrase") about Dressember this year, and at the beginning of November I had no intention of joining in - but I was doing the admin on the group anyway, and I kind of got sucked along with the wonderful enthusiasm!

I have enjoyed it again - I've joked with colleagues that I can't wait to get back into my jeans - but actually that's far from the reality. I do have a pair of slim leg trousers for work which I bought on 28th November which I'm itching to wear, and I probably will wear my jeans today - but I'm also quite excited about re-wearing some of the dresses I wore earlier in the month - number 1 (for example) is my smart-but-comfy daytime or evening go to, and I've missed it! 3, 7 and 12 are work staples, and would definitely have got more than 1 wear in a "normal" month.

The funny thing is, nobody noticed I was doing it - I think people are now so used to seeing me in a dress they don't even register! We went for a walk with friends on Sunday, when I was wearing 33, and they did comment I was very smart for a walk (and if anyone ever comments about my dresses I always tell them about Dressember) but I didn't feel "smart" - I just felt normal!

So, having a look at all 35 above - which do you think need to go to new homes, and which are your favourites? :-)

4 comments:

Janine said...

2, 12 and 22 are my favourites. I don't think any need to be sold or gotten rid of, they are all fabulous!

Thanks for all your hard work with this. I have really enjoyed it.

Nobody noticed I am doing it either as I wear dresses all the time anyway lol but I regularly repeat when doing Dressember so the challenge for me was to do a new one each day, which I managed, YEY!

See you again same time next year? I will still be checking your blog now Dressember has been and gone though :)


Janine xx
BakeGlueandTrend

Sheila said...

Happy New Year, Tat!

Janine said...

I nominated you for the Liebster award (apologies if you have already been nominated or not interested in this kind of thing) but if you are interested..

http://bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award.html

Janine xx
BakeGlueandTrend

Corinne said...

I really like 2, 19 and 22.

I am jealous that you have a job where you can wear your own outfit, my job makes it impossible to do dressember, boo!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com